How to Build a School Power User Program
According to the K-12 Career & College Readiness Benchmark report, engaging a range of stakeholders in career readiness efforts is one of the greatest struggles for school districts across the country.
But building buy-in from staff can make or break any curricular implementation.
So how do you translate the district-level excitement for a new program to get school-level staff excited and using the platform too? Beyond kick-offs, regular training, and ready-to-use curriculum, one way MajorClarity partners are driving usage outcomes is by launching a School Power User program.
Below, you’ll find all the tools you need to launch a School Power User program at your school district.
The MajorClarity Power User program
Though we use a broad swath of metrics to measure the health of an implementation, we find that the best data for change management is data that is simple and easily accessed.
To qualify as a Power User, partners must meet all three of the following measures:
- 40%+ student activation rate
- 25%+ raw student return rate
- Student to staff usage ratio of 250 or less
Why these metrics? They're intentionally set to exceed industry averages 👉 Read more about the method behind the metrics here.
Identifying Schools that Meet The Power User Bar
MajorClarity reports make it easy to identify these stats for each of your campuses within the School Usage Report under the administrator reporting panel.
👉 🎥 Watch this 6-minute video for a step-by-step walkthrough
Awarding Power User Status
Once you’ve identified your School Power Users, it’s time to acknowledge them! We’ve created a couple of files that you can customize to give it an air of ceremony.
- 2022-23 School Power User badge: great for adding to school websites, sharing on Twitter, or having printed into stickers that can go on the front door
- 2022-23 School Power User certificate: a ready-to-print certificate to provide to principals and/or counselors who are leading the charge on MajorClarity implementation
- 2022-23 School Power user poster: a poster ready to be displayed throughout the school that doubles as a reminder for students to log in and access their career readiness tools
👉 Click to download the full School Power User toolkit.
Celebrating Success & Fostering Competition
One of the most powerful effects of the School Power User program can be to foster healthy competition among school sites by setting a quantifiable bar for success.
Some of the innovative ways our partners are leveraging the Power User program to motivate principals and school leaders include:
- Announcing School Power Users quarterly (with certificates!) during Principal and/or Counselor meetings
- Sharing Power User data with all principals during monthly data meetings
- Creating leaderboards for school usage statistics
- Adding Power User badges to school websites & newsletters to parents
- Printing and hanging “School Power User” signs in the atrium of school buildings
CTE Director Brian Davis recognizes WHS as a @MajorClarity power user. @UCPSCareerReady@AGHoulihan pic.twitter.com/AaSvnjBrhW— Weddington Careers (@WHSCareerDev) January 12, 2022
How are you celebrating success? Tweet us at @MajorClarity to share the ways you’re using the Power User program in your district.